With the Super Bowl just a few days away, hopefully you’ve decided where you are watch the big game. Whether you’ll be in Houston inside the stadium or outside tailgating, or sitting in front of a tv at a bar/your house/friend’s house/whatever, here are looks that’ll work for us adults. Sure, jerseys are cool, but only if autographed and hanging on a wall. Caveat: unless it’s a #21 Deion “Prime Time” Sanders Falcons jersey. Those are 100% acceptable. Anywhere. Anytime.
Back to the looks. You are watching pro football, which is a bit tricky. You don’t want to be the overly technical guy, who looks like he showed up for pregame warm ups. On the other hand, you don’t want to be a slob. Show some team pride in a more refined way. Here’s a little action for the Falcons fans, and the Patriots fans:
Falcons Fans: Stay true to your Georgia roots….
From top left:
1. Aviate Red ATL Hat: This should be the official Falcons hat of Super Bowl LI. Red, and says what it needs to say.
2. Royden Quail Belt: Very ‘Georgia’ – is there anything better than a South Georgia quail hunt?
3. Brooks Brothers Original Polo Red U-Stripe OCBD: Red and white…the old Falcons colors. I don’t know if I’d call this ‘retro’, but the shirt style will last as long as you want it to.
4. Blundstone BL585 Boots: I’m completely intrigued by Blundstones. One day I’ll pull the trigger… As for now, they serve the purpose as a cool work boot that is appropriate for the big game.
5. Patagonia Down Sweater Vest: Keep warm, and look cool. Vest it up.
6. Grown & Sewn Legend Pants in Gravel: Stick with team colors when you can, and the grey Grown & Sewn pants are worth the investment. Comfortable like jeans and dressy like khakis…big time.
Patriots fans: Tough stuff that’ll work in Houston or Boston…
From top left:
1. State Traditions Massachusett Gameday Hat: Show a little state pride for the team from New England. Yeah, they play in Boston, and the colors work, so here you go.
2. Filson Belt: Tough and cool. Somewhat like Tom Brady.
3. Read Wall Red Gingham Sport Shirt: The cornerstone of any great outfit…a well cut gingham shirt. You won’t find one much better than from my guys at Read Wall.
4. Oak Street Bootmakers Summit Boots: Boots that’ll look cool in Houston, and work trudging through the snow in Boston.
5. Orvis Britain 5-Pocket Twill Jeans: Don’t get too dressy, but don’t look like a slob. These pants fit the bill.
6. Barbour Navy Liddesdale Quilted Jacket: Top it off with a light navy jacket from Barbour, and you are ready to rock.
More Super Bowl coverage coming…but are we ready to talk smack?