With Spring in full swing, I’m in the process of reorganizing my closet. Gone are the heavy tweed jackets in favor of cotton, light wool, and linen blends. The sweaters have started their hibernation and the madras is awake. This year I’m really digging a simple, classic style with a traditional feel. I have a closet full of solid staples, so each year I like to add some splashes of color, as well as some season-appropriate footwear. Here’s what I’m digging this Spring:
From top left
1. Jack Spade Bryant Sunglasses: I’ve really been digging the clear frames over the last year or so. Why not try a pair of sunglasses? These Jack Spades are a great take on the Wayfarer.
2. Boglioli Linen/Cotton K. Jacket in Blue Plaid: Since you’ve already got a solid navy blazer in your closet, get something that will go well with a pair of khakis or #10 below.
3. Pendleton Surfster Shorts: We’ve all got a drawer full of solids, so add something active to the rotation. Pair these with a white or navy polo and you’ll be in business.
4. Carmina Wolfe Tassel Loafers: I will never get tired of tassel loafers. I will also never own too many pairs. These Carminas for Epaulet feature a braided detail. It doesn’t get any better than that.
5. Sid Mashburn Madras Popover: Madras + Cutaway Collar + Popover = Nirvana.
6. Criquet Classic Stripe Polo: Classic Masters style…and it only gets better with age. Just avoid the bacon collar.
7. Titleist Vokey SM5 Black Raw Wedge: I’ve actually worn down the grooves on my 56 degree, so it’s time to replace the butter knife.
8. Deus Ex achina Asteroid Boardshorts: Something a little different…the design will have folks staring at your shorts. How inappropriate.
9. New Balance 1300 GGOs: I had been wearing a darker pair of 1300s that look ridiculous with shorts. Had to lighten the load.
10. Levi’s White 501 Jeans: White jeans. Do it, guys. It’s time to pull the trigger. Driving mocs and an oxford. All you need. She’ll love it.
11. Patagonia Pullover Better Sweater: We haven’t hit the consistent 90 degree days yet, which means the nights still get cold. Be prepared.
12. G/Fore Golf Glove: It may cost a little more than the traditional Footjoy or Titleist gloves, but it’s so much cooler.
What’s on your Spring wish list?