I got an interesting question the other day: “What do I wear to a Holiday (Christmas) party?”. It’s actually a really good questions. Mrs. RCS and I have had a few over the past couple weeks, and we have another one this weekend. My answer is three fold: First, wear something festive, but don’t go too deep on the GTH scale. Second, don’t overdress. Third, bring a gift for the host (I know that has nothing to do with the outfit, but it’s as important). Here is what I sported to a party hosted at a co-worker’s house, where the dress code was labeled as “informal, casual party attire”:
From top left:
1. Gant Rugger 3/2 Roll Plaid Wool Jacket: I found this jacket in the sale section at East Dane; it is awesome. This is the ‘festive’ part of the outfit. The red plaid negates the need to wear a Santa hat.
2. Ledbury Royal Twill Dress Shirt: A crisp, white dress shirt makes every outfit look a little more formal.
3. Belstaff Roadmaster Jacket: Yeah, it’s cold at night, and my Belstaff has become my go-to.
4. Tory Leather English Bridle Spur Belt: I love this belt (and the fact that it is on sale for $28!!). The buckle is interesting, and the 1″ width gives it a dressier look.
5. APC New Standard Jeans: As good as it gets with high-end jeans. APC’s denim wears very well.
6. Sid Mashburn Chelsea Boots: The Chelsea Boots give the outfit a sports car look…a little more streamlined.
7. Silver Oak Cabernet Sauvignon: For the host and his wife…don’t show up with two-buck-chuck. They may not invite you back next year…