Alright ladies, here’s a run down of fool proof outfit picks for a day spent exploring and enjoying everything Augusta National offers her patrons. A few notes to begin:
- Only bring what you NEED because you are going to be carrying everything in your bag (which is limited in size). You NEED: lipgloss or chapstick, good sunscreen, sunnies, cash, and handi-wipes.
- Uncomfortable shoes will ruin your experience and quick! I’ve listed 6 comfortable and cute options below to help yall out.
- Since you can’t bring your iPhone, you’ll need to pack a small camera.
- Check the weather forecast. I can’t tell you how many women I saw last year looking miserable in their (I’m sure cute) sundresses and flip flops completely soaked through because they didn’t plan ahead.
- Have a water between each beer. Duh.
- Favorite spot for people watching? Near the practice putting green next to the club house. For. Sure.
Let’s start with the accessories and work our way down:
1. Cuyana Panama Hat: A lot of what you are going to wear is largely dependent on what the weather is doing. Having a great hat option is a must, especially if it’s going to be sunny. This is a great neutral that you will wear all Spring and all Summer.
2. Melissa Odebash Chambray Fedora: A lighter, funner version of the above.
3. Randolph Engineering Concorde Aviators: Sunnies are a must have for any day at The Masters.
4. Mansur Gavriel Vegetable Tanned Leather Crossbody Purse: I am obsessed with Mansur, and it’s easy to see why. I like this cross body as a more utilitarian option for walking around all day, rather than his iconic Bucket Bag.
5. See by Chloe Hana Shoulder Bag: This bag is the perfect size for a day at The Masters, and easily holds everything you will need.
6. Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel: We’ve all had some version of this bag. This dusty mint color seems especially appropriate for a day spent walking the course.
7. Chloe Marcie Shoulder Bag: A cult classic that is just the right size.
8. Prada Pionniere Shoulder Bag: A timeless shape with a newer, sportier strap that’s comfortable on your hip.
9. Rebecca Minkoff Straw Crossbody Clutch: This fun little bag will be your new favorite this season!
1. Hedge Cassandra Polo: A non-polo polo.
2. Ralph Lauren Slim Fit Polo Shirt: An OG polo, and in a much more modern (read: flattering) cut than those you wore as a co-ed.
3. Lacoste Slim Fit Pique Polo: Also a flattering option with longer sleeves to hide what you haven’t worked out.
4. Ann Mashburn Saint James Modern Minquiers Tee: You’re at Augusta National, so let your preppy flag fly, girl!
5. Rebecca Taylor Margo Floral Top: This is such an appropriate option- light and pretty and just easy.
6. Madewell Butterfly Top: Well talk about easy! Paired with some white jeans and you are going to be comfortable all day.
7. Theory Cashmere Boyfriend Top: There can be a chilly bite in the mornings in Augusta. This has enough weight to keep you comfortable in the morning without melting you by lunch.
1. Levi’s 711 Skinny Ankle Aqua Jeans: It’s spring, gals, and these are festive and fun without screaming “look at me!”
2. J. Crew Toothpick Ankle Pants: A favorite alternative to jeans. I have these in cream and literally wore holes in them.
3. Rip Curl Sea Dive Cuffed Pants: Another alternative to jeans, and these have an obviously comfortable elastic waist. Need I say more?
4. Citizens of Humanity Rocket Crop Pants: These are my new white jeans for the season, and I’ll be rocking them in at Augusta.
5. Ann Mashburn Side Zip Weekend Shorts: If you have the gams for shorts, then rock em girl! These are a fresh take on a side zip and the fabric is modern and chic with just enough give to work.
6. Vineyard Vines Chino Shorts: Chances are that a 5″ inseam is most flattering. These from VV are consistently comfortable and hold their shape well, even during a day of long walks and up and downs.
1. Tretorn Nylite Plus Sneakers: These are a nice departure from your Newbalance, Nikes, etc.
2. Melissa Classy Slides: IF you are going to wear sandals, they need to have a back and they need to be comfortable. As long as the course is dry, you will be very happy in these Melissas.
3. Soludos Platform Smoking Slippers: Hi cute and (surprisingly) comfortable slip ons!
4. Steve Madden Hilda Sneakers: Again, comfort is key, so make sure you have worn these before heading to Augusta. These are v trendy at the moment, and for good reason… they are a nice millenial pink, are affordable (<$50, you’re welcome) and won’t leave you covered in blisters the next day.
5. Vince Janet Wedge Sandels: Again, only if the course is dry. But if it is, these are a great option. A little height without having a heel and I have tested these myself walking between Seagrove and Seaside. Comfortable.
6. Vince Blair Slip On Sneakers: I wore these to the Masters last year, while about 6 months pregnant. No complaints!
Ladies – did we miss anything?