The 2016 gift guides continue… ‘I Know You Rider’. One of my favorite Dead songs (particularly live, and when preceded by ‘China Cat’).
These are gifts for the traveler…those folks that spend some time on the road, or who need to up their travel game. Santa only makes one trip a year, but he gets it. Here is the Red Clay Soul approach:
From top left:
1. Bose Quietcomfort 35 Headphones: It only takes one flight with an upset baby (or a chatty neighbor) to justify the cost. They are a little bulky to pack, but there’s a reason they sell A TON of these a year.
2. Orvis 1856 Travel Kit: A good travel kit is key for the traveler. Yes, it’ll hold all your personal items, but also your cords, chargers, etc., and they’ll be easy to find in your suitcase. Orvis’ new 1856 set has that classic, handsome look that’ll never go out of style.
3. Flight 001 F1 Spacepack Bags: Given my pseudo-OCD packing habits, these bags are a great way to stay organized. Even if you don’t need them on the way out, they pack to almost nothing, and are great for holding dirty clothes or anything that requires quick access.
4. Filson Leather Duffle Bag: The duffle bag is a necessity for any man. This bag is worth it…remember, good leather duffles cost a pretty penny, but they’ll last forever. Filson is guaranteed for life, so think of this as an investment.
5. Colonel Littleton #27 Leather Journal: This journal is a lifesaver. Keep a Field Notes notebook on one side, your passport on the other, and stuff receipts in the pocket. It’s like a second travel wallet.
6. Colonel Littleton #83 Book Bag: I typically travel with a larger briefcase, and treat it like a carry on. For the flight, I pack some ‘extras’ just in case my luggage is lost, and there is still plenty of room for my laptop, charger, folders/notebooks, etc. This leather option will garner some nods by those in the know.
7. Away Travel Medium Suitcase: We’ll get into the Away Travel collection in a bit. For now, trust me…you won’t find a better value proposition for a hard shell suitcase. And the mean green color is as good as it gets. I need to get MW to share where he found these letters…
8. Bubble Yum: For those of us with sensitive ears…a must when flying.
9. Native Union iPhone Cable: A 10 foot phone charger will change your life. Especially in hotel rooms with outlets in weird places.
10. Anker 13000 Powercore Charger: This is the best charger on the market. Anker sets the standard. This bad boy will charge your iPhone 4.8 times. That’s heavy.
11. Leather Travel Frame: Traveling is fun, but missing home is real. I like to set this up with a picture of Mrs. RCS and a picture of #FrankDawg on the nightstand. It really brings the (hotel) room together.
12. New York Times Crossword Puzzle Book: Call this habit…I have grown up doing crossword puzzles, and always carry a book with me…and these pencils. I’m not that good…
13. Aviate ATL Hat: Show ’em where you’re from…