So you’ve got a date. A good date. You like this girl…and you scored some tickets to a Braves game. Since this is a date, don’t break out the cornhole and start shotgunning beers on your lunch break to prepare. This is a date. Do it right:
1. 1908 Boston Braves Hat: Braves, but especially a tip of the hat to Boston.
2. Randolph Engineering Aviators: The sun is setting later, and depending on where your seats are, she may ‘borrow’ them. Good luck getting them back.
3. Martin Dingman Turnberry Belt: Don’t be afraid of a fabric belt, and don’t be afraid of a woven belt. It’s a dangerous combination.
4. Southern Proper Club Shorts: Khaki is overplayed. Add some better neutrals to your short pants rotation. The ladies over at Southern Proper did good work with these…complete with the knee-friendly 7″ inseam.
5. Smathers & Branson Atlanta Braves Key Fob: The baseball season is 162 games long. Then the playoffs. This will look perfect toting your keys around through October.
6. Ledbury White Oxford Shirt: AKA the ‘Mustard Catcher’. It’s endearing. She’ll love it.
7. Boiled Peanuts: Grab them on your way into the ballpark. Give ’em and extra buck for the effort. They’ll remember you next time.
8. Havaianas Flip Flops: Keep it casual. After all, it’s a baseball game.
9. Big Red: There is a slight chance you might catch some lip. Be prepared.
10. State Traditions Koozie: Don’t forget to bring two.
11. Cabelas Soft Sided 15-can Blind Cooler: Grab your cooler from the closet. Make sure it’s clean. Load it up with ice and a couple beers each so you can people watch together as everyone heads into the game. It very possibly could be more entertaining that the forthcoming nine innings.
P.S. – The Official Red Clay Soul Braves Prediction: 99 wins.