It’s not like it sneaked up on us or anything. Summer is finally here, but the heat has been rearing it’s head for a few weeks. Way to make an entrance, Summer. You are always welcome…
Summer creates a constant fight against the elements: the heat and humidity are common enemies, and staying cool and collected are constant goals. Remember that natural fibers, like cotton and linen, are your friends. Always have a hat and/or visor handy, get polarized lenses, and never wear socks. Keep your style elevated and stay cool with a linen sport coat. Enjoy the RCS suggestions for some cool Summer Goods:
From top left:
1. Sugarloaf Social Club Summer Visor: Perfect for the pool, perfect for the course, and perfect for the porch. And it’s SSC, so you’ll be the coolest guy in the room.
2. Traveler Sand Linen Sport Coat: Just because it’s summertime doesn’t mean you can skimp on the sport coat rotation. Get a linen in the lineup, stat.
3. Onward Reserve Short Sleeve Button Down: It’s a dress shirt that’s built to party. Perfect for denting a six pack while manning the grill.
4. Pesca Muerta Tarpon Trucker Hat: Very bright, and very Dead.
5. Ledbury Chaversham Linen/Cotton Shirt: It’s all about beating the heat, and breathable natural fabrics are key. This one is cut like a bespoke dress shirt. You’re welcome.
6. Simms Solarflex Hoody Fishing Shirt: A great price point for a fishing shirt of this caliber. I’m getting down with the hoodie…any help against the sun on a long day on the water is very welcomed.
7. JT Spencer Largemouth Bass Belt: Lord yes. How about a good alternative to all the coastal fish that adorn emblematic belts…nothing wrong with freshwater fishing. At all.
8. Peter Millar Crown Cool Delave Shorts: Linen lightens up these shorts, which are perfect with a white polo or white dress shirt, sleeves rolled up, and a monogrammed belt buckle.
9. To Boot Drivers: A great pair of bit drivers that you can beat up all summer long. By Fall, they’ll finally be good and broken in.
10. Costa del Mar Pescador Sunglasses: Made from recycled fishing nets, so you can feel good, and polarized lenses, so you can put them to good use on the water. Fish beware.
11. Columbia Permit II Fishing Shorts: Really cool fishing shorts at a great price point with a 6″ inseam? Yep, I’m in.
12. Yeti Haul Wheeled Cooler: It’s been a long time coming, and it’s finally nice to see Yeti put out a wheeled Tundra cooler. I have a feeling this will be pretty popular with the pool-going set.
13. Oak Street Bootmakers Tan Suede Penny Loafers: I really like lighter loafers in the Summer – these are seasonally appropriate with khakis, shorts, or beat up jeans. Sans socks, of course.
14. Havaianas Brasil Flip Flops: Opt for a cool color rubber flip flops as a bold alternative to your Rainbows.
What are you digging this summer?