With Summer in full force, it’s a sad reality that we can’t wear flip flops 24×7. In fact, you shouldn’t. Men should know how to dress up a summer look, as we should all aspire to be one of the best dressed in the room. Instead of trotting out your old, tired, beat up loafers, here’s what to get:
From top left:
1. Sid Mashburn Scotch Grain Penny Loafers: These lean towards the formal side, and look good with anything from jeans and khakis to a pair of shorts. Think of these as your ‘Summer formal shoes’. Shoe trees are required.
2. Cole Haan Grant Bit Loafers: A classic take on the driving loafers. The bit dresses the up a little, but not so much that you can’t sport these with a pair of Chubbies.
3. Tods Laccetto Driving Shoes: Another dressy option, the Tods in suede will say that you know what you are doing. Don’t get thrown in the pool wearing these.
4. Martin Dingman Pierson Penny Loafers: An appropriate substitute for #1, the alligator grain provides just enough flare even the average guy. Sport these with a good pair of khaki shorts and a button up, and you are in business.
5. Eastland Yarmouth II Mocs: These mocs are tanks. They go with everything and can be the ‘by the door’ shoes. Perfect for getting the mail or a night on the town.
6. SWIMS Braided Water Resistant Loafers: Very sporty. These are go-to summer casual loafers for those looking for flip flop alternatives. The best part: you can wash them off with a hose.
7. L.L. Bean Signature Handsewn Leather Loafers: A little more substantial, this option from L.L. Bean Signature is a great option for the office. Sans socks, of course.
8. Minnetonka Double Bottom Cowhide Driving Mocs: Buy these early in the year, wear them out, and throw them away. For $63 a pair, why not?
9. Res Ipsa #25 Wool Loafers: For the ultra-stylish, the Res Ipsa wool loafers are an excellent statement piece for any summer outfit. With any muted khakis, jeans, or shorts, let these bad boys do the talking.