Father’s Day is right around the corner, and while it receives roughly the same amount of fanfare as Columbus Day or Arbor Day, it’s top of mind now that I’m a dad. Let’s get emotional for a second: being a dad is the best job in the world. My two boys mean so much to me, and have become the suns in my solar system. I feel extremely proud when they figure something out, clean their plate, or pee in the grass…there’s nothing like it. I cherish every day.
However, being a dad is hard work. Apologies to all the moms out there: I am not discounting how hard (and rewarding) it is to be a mom. Not only do you take care of the kids, but you also take care of us. We aren’t worthy. But let’s take a day for the dads. A day off from the honey-do list. A few beers during the Braves game. Dad’s choice for dinner…you get it.
And while gifts are necessarily required, it is a love language. Here are a few things that I know any dad would appreciate:
From Top Left:
1. Golf Ball Gallery Print: A great option for any dad’s office. They offer a TON of options – old courses, sports teams, events, and vintage balls. A very cool conversation starter.
2. Hatch Nomad 2 Pliers: I’ve been on the hunt for new fishing pliers, and these have made the cut.
3. Jan Craig Knit Golf Headcovers: Update his golf bag with a set of USA-made hand-knitted headcovers. Pick from a ton of different designs and color options. Sure to take a few strokes off his game.
4. IWC Mark XVII Watch: Dads still like to check their watch vs. their phone. Look down at something significant.
5. Languiole Grill Tools: Not all grill tools are created equal. I like the wooden handles as they don’t get too hot, yet patina nicely.
6. Orvis Guide Hip Pack: I’ve been a cross-body guy for a while, but love the look and feel of this hip pack. It’s a little bigger but fitted as not to interfere with any casting.
7. Abu Garcia Zata Spinning Reel: There’s always room for another fishing reel. Abu Garcia’s Zata line is out of this world, and the matte green is a nice departure from the normal.
8. Benchmade Bugout 535 Knife: In addition to a top-shelf field knife, this Benchmade could double as a letter opener, an Amazon box opener, and a do-it-all tool.
9. Colonel Littleton No. 18 Portfolio w/ Alligator Strap: As a constant note-taker and to-do list maker, it’s important for me to have paper readily available. And there isn’t a nicer way to carry it all around than in a Col. Littleton portfolio. The Alligator strap is such a nice touch…flex a little.
10. Mission Mercantile Shotgun Case: Get the old man ready for hunting season with a ship-shape shotgun case. Your gun will thank you.
11. Chama Chair Vaquero Chair: The perfect chair to sit back and have a cold one.
12. Orvis Railroad Spike Bottle Opener: The perfect opener to crack that cold one.
13. Moke 007 Special Edition: Sure, golf carts are cool, but they don’t touch Mokes. Trust me.
Dads – what do you have on your list?