We’re in the middle of a bunch of RCS gift guides, where we are exposing ideas for different types of dudes (and for the ladies…stay tuned). While these are a TON of fun to put together and to discuss, there are stops that are a gift guide in themselves. The good folks at Huckberry asked if I would put together a round up of selected gifts from their site. I am happy to oblige:
From top left:
1. Rover Jacket: A cool option from Taylor Stitch…it’s a shorter jacket with built in patina. This is for the Paul Newman fans out there.
2. Samurai Knife Starter Set: Any good cooks that need to upgrade their blades? Stop buying cheap knives from Wal Mart and step up your game.
3. Pullman Suitcase: A big bag for couples travel. This is one Filson that will always be checked, and will easily accommodate two people for a week.
4. Notebook & Pen: I always carry a pen and a notebook, as it’s a habit I inherited from my Granddad.
5. Bar Cart: Basil Hayden is expanding beyond Bourbon. This bar cart is an excellent corner piece. It would really bring the room together.
6. Manly Candle: Most guys say they are anti-candle because 99% are some sort of honeysuckle/gardenia/perfume scent. Here is the other 1%: Bourbon and Brown Sugar. Light it up.
7. Yosemite Shirt: There’s always room for one more great shirt. The Yosemite Shirt can be dressed up with chinos, or dressed down with jeans. And the plaid ain’t too bad.
8. Flask: Stanley does it right. The size is perfect to hitch a ride in your boot or in your golf bag.
9. Carry On Suitcase: I’ve talked about Away in the past, and will continue to preach their gospel. GREAT bag and an even better price point.
10. 365 Pants: The 5-pocket chinos have all but taken over. Embrace the change with these that are a little heavier duty, and a great wheat color.
11. Pocket Knife: Whether you need to cut a rope or open a letter, a pocket knife should be a part of everyone’s EDC.
12. Copper Bar Set: While I’m skeptical of any drink that has more than three ingredients, proper measurement is key.
13. Watch: Beat the tar out of this one, folks. It’ll keep on ticking.
14. Bar Knife: This bar knife will get more use than you expect. I’ve given two of these as gifts, and I both were a GREAT decision.
15. Technical Chore Coat: More to come on this bad boy…stay tuned.