Holiday Shopping with Huckberry

We’re in the middle of a bunch of RCS gift guides, where we are exposing ideas for different types of dudes (and for the ladies…stay tuned).  While these are a TON of fun to put together and to discuss, there are stops that are a gift guide in themselves.  The good folks at Huckberry asked if I would put together a round up of selected gifts from their site.  I am happy to oblige:

From top left:

1. Rover Jacket:  A cool option from Taylor Stitch…it’s a shorter jacket with built in patina.  This is for the Paul Newman fans out there.
2. Samurai Knife Starter Set:  Any good cooks that need to upgrade their blades?  Stop buying cheap knives from Wal Mart and step up your game.
3. Pullman Suitcase:  A big bag for couples travel.  This is one Filson that will always be checked, and will easily accommodate two people for a week.
4. Notebook & Pen:  I always carry a pen and a notebook, as it’s a habit I inherited from my Granddad.
5. Bar Cart:  Basil Hayden is expanding beyond Bourbon.  This bar cart is an excellent corner piece.  It would really bring the room together.
6. Manly Candle:  Most guys say they are anti-candle because 99% are some sort of honeysuckle/gardenia/perfume scent.  Here is the other 1%: Bourbon and Brown Sugar.  Light it up.
7. Yosemite Shirt: There’s always room for one more great shirt.  The Yosemite Shirt can be dressed up with chinos, or dressed down with jeans.  And the plaid ain’t too bad.
8. Flask:  Stanley does it right.  The size is perfect to hitch a ride in your boot or in your golf bag.
9. Carry On Suitcase:  I’ve talked about Away in the past, and will continue to preach their gospel.  GREAT bag and an even better price point.
10. 365 Pants:  The 5-pocket chinos have all but taken over.  Embrace the change with these that are a little heavier duty, and a great wheat color.
11. Pocket Knife:  Whether you need to cut a rope or open a letter, a pocket knife should be a part of everyone’s EDC.
12. Copper Bar Set:  While I’m skeptical of any drink that has more than three ingredients, proper measurement is key.
13. Watch:  Beat the tar out of this one, folks.  It’ll keep on ticking.
14. Bar Knife:  This bar knife will get more use than you expect.  I’ve given two of these as gifts, and I both were a GREAT decision.
15. Technical Chore Coat:  More to come on this bad boy…stay tuned.

Share:

2 Comments

  1. Eric
    11/19/2016 / 10:30 AM

    Great list- check out Johnny Porter candles. I finally broke down and bought one that was called “Boot Jack.” Great, masculine scent and it lasted me over a year.

  2. Nem
    11/22/2016 / 9:51 AM

    Going to try the 365 Pant. Hard to find casual trousers that don’t require a bunch of tailoring (taper stove-pipe legs mainly) and these look appropriately trim without getting into “skinny” territory. Thanks for the heads-up! Also, damn you for alerting me to the Basil Hayden bar cart.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Close Me
Looking for Something?
Search:
Post Categories: