Here comes horse racing season…and as important as the horse races are the tailgates. Legendary. While this may not be Derby-appropriate, this will work for Steeplechase and The Cup. Also – this is for the gentleman who doesn’t mind staying away from the ‘Easter Egg’ look. Be bolder than that:
(L-R from top Left)
1. Southern Proper Hat: Even though this will probably stay in your back pocket, it’s good to have for if (when) it rains.
2. Cushing Bow Tie from Collared Greens: Let something else be the GTH – keep the bow free and easy.
3. Barbour Liddesdale Jacket: Again, for if (when) it rains, it’ll be good to have handy.
4. Ray Ban Avaitors: Go with the black frames; different than the norm, and she’ll want to borrow them.
5. Selvedge Blue Oxford Shirt from Todd Snyder: It is impossible to have too many blue oxford shirts.
6. SMU Embroidered Pants from Pennington & Bailes: Apparently there is a horse race at some point during the day…
7. Kentucky Horseman Belt: Get something good engraved: ‘Dixieland’, or ‘Bottoms Up’, or ‘RCS Sucks’.
8. 8″ Bean Boots from LL Bean: OK, it’s going to rain. It always does.
9. Knob Creek Bourbon: Be the most popular guy at your tailgate.
10. Heavy Duty Flask from Stanley: Sharing is caring.