I’m on a trajectory to burn a lot of gunpowder this year. With that, I’m going to need to add some equipment. We’ll talk quite a bit about this in the months ahead, but for now, I need to get a shell pouch.
After clay shooting at Garland Mountain, I’ve decided that I want one with two sections: one for a box of shells, and one for spent shells. I know you can get a nylon one for fifteen bucks, but I’d rather spend a little money on a good one that we can put some miles on. I’ll wear this on field hunts and clay shooting, some of which are some nice events, so I think it’s worth it. Here are six that I’ve found that I really like:
From top left:
1. Over Under Old School Camo Shell Pouch: The ‘old school’ camo is outstanding. Over Under also offers this in a solid khaki waxed cotton, but this camo choice gets our nod.
2. Canyon Outback Buckskin Gulch Shell Pouch: This one has a Barbour feel…probably because of the tartan lining. Very sharp…very English.
3. Redhead Classic Divided Shell Bag: The green is good here. The side pockets are nice for chokes and extra ear plugs.
4. Filson Belt Pouch: These aren’t offered on Filson’s site anymore, but there are a few places you can still find them.
5. Cabela’s Reserve Divided Shell Pouch: This option is a good price, but it actually might be too big.
6. Kevin’s Canvas & Leather Divided Shell Pouch: Right now this is the direction I’m leaning. I like the dedicated snap belt and the canvas/leather mix.
What do you think? Any I’m missing?