At this stage in life, t-shirts are a casual stop-gap that fill the space between coming home from work and going to work the next morning, as long as I don’t have any social plans. I rarely leave the house for anything social in a t-shirt. I don’t know what you call that, but it’s how I do it. I spoke to a couple buddies about this, and the general sentiment was ‘80% collared shirt’, and ‘t-shirts during Gym, Tan, or Laundry’. Yep. These are my people.
It’s not to say that I don’t own t-shirts. In fact, I believe I have a pretty good collection. I view t-shirts a little differently: I look at t-shirts as punny-funny. I like my collection to be the antithesis of the Pinterest-esque, 30A-everything, daily Instagram-selfie crowd. I like t-shirts that are a little out there…some may say inappropriate, but I look at eye-rolls as quantity play. The more the better. Nice Under Armour workout tee, Champ.
Whatever, don’t take t-shirts too seriously, as they are disposable. Now, a lot of my t-shirts come from Goodwill, as they are usually unique and really cheap. However, there are a few that I’d spend full retail:
From Top Left:
1. Furman University Shirt: The perfect work-out tee shirt. Works at the grocery store as well.
2. American Spirit Whiskey Shirt: Support the local distillery.
3. Orvis Long Sleeve Dri-release Shirt: Besides the obvious fishing solution, these are great shirts for morning dog walks down by the river. They dry out a lot quicker than a thick cotton tee would after pulling #FrankDawg out of the water.
4. Tropicalia Shirt: The best beer in the South, and it’s coming into season.
5. Brogens Shirt: Ahh the memories…this will get a lot of head nods from the ‘in the know’ crowd.
6. Wu-Tang Shirt: C.R.E.A.M.
7. Georgia Theater Penley T-Shirt: A great shirt with an ode to the iconic Athens establishment. Onward Reserve has a big collection of Penley shirts, and they all look great. These make great gifts, too.
8. Classic Georgia Good Stuff Long Sleeve Shirt: Long sleeve t-shirts are a lifesaver. The perfect weekend shirt, and very Georgia-friendly.
9. Grateful Dead Truckin’ Shirt: The un-tie dyed shirt celebrating some of the best music ever made. This shirt will drive hipsters crazy.
10. Declaration Don’t Tread On Me Shirt: These are all great shirts for the beach and/or the pool, but this may be the top of the heap.
11. Pray for ATL Shirt: For after church.
12. Green Piece Shirt: It’s important to do your part for the environment and for our country.
Other great t-shirt options that will trend high on eye-roll quantity:
- Strip club t-shirts, but from another state.
- BBQ and Oyster Bar t-shirts. Especially if they feature cheeky sayings.
- Spuds MacKenzie shirts. The professor of party-ology.
- Enron t-shirts. Business is business.
- Minor league baseball t-shirts. Riverdogs. Boom.
What am I missing?