College football season is about a week away, which is the yearly signal that we are starting the transition from summer to fall. It’s not cold yet, but the highs during the day will start to dip, and the night will cool off quite a bit. It’s time to start thinking about your closet transition as well. Now is the time to put away the pastels and start to incorporate some darker fall hues. Remember – this is a transition, so slow roll into your fall goods. Here are some great examples of early fall goods:
From top left:
1. Randolph Engineering Corsair Sunglasses: A good looking pair of sunglasses. These from Randolph Engineering have a more mature look than your typical Maverick options.
2. Ledbury Burgundy Carrigan Shirt: Burgundy might be the perfect fall color. This plaid is a great option for a transitional shirt…and you can keep wearing it all fall and all winter.
3. J. Crew Cotton Workwear Sportcoat: See a theme? The burgundy jacket is a great departure from the blues and tans you’ve been wearing. Put this over the Ledbury shirt above and a dark pair of jeans or a pair of tan 501s and you are in business.
4. Lumina Carolina Collection Turquoise Jersey Polo: There will still be a few days in the 90s, so keep comfortable. Jersey knit is your friend. And turquoise is awesome.
5. Canali Tan Blazer: A good tan blazer is a must. A good tan wool blazer is were it’s at this time of year.
6. Martin Dingman Matte Alligator Credit Card Case: Hopefully by now, everyone has gotten used to using a front pocket wallet. Now upgrade to a luxury card case that will last you for years.
7. Alexander Olch Dutch Striped Belt: This is really a texture play…the wool look will dress up a pair of jeans or khakis. Just choose the appropriate shoes.
8. Jack Donnelly Light Gray Carter Slim Fit Pants: Go with the light gray this time of year. It’s not as rich as khaki, and not as bold as blue.
9. Sailormade Standard Belt: Yet another leather belt option with a cool buckle. The heavier leather is very season-appropriate, so get this one ready for the lineup. 10. Jack Spade Slim Fit Jeans in Raw Indigo: Remember: dark jeans in the fall and winter. Stock up.
11. Filson Original Briefcase: You’ve seen that Filson announced and released the black versions of their popular pieces. RCS endorses…and here’s why: the black will actually lighten up, and fade to gray.
12. Sid Mashburn Chocolate Suede Chelsea Boots: Excellent option for a dressy date night or a party. Pair these with those Jack Spade jeans, that Ledbury shirt, and that J. Crew sportcoat. Unstoppable.
13. 2014 Rolex Datejust: An awesome face…check out those numbers.
14. Allen Edmonds Addison Loafers: Great leather loafers for fall. Waxy leather that will patina very nicely, and rubber soles so you can wear them nonstop. These will handle a football weekend in Athens…