Five things that I’m digging right now:
1. Marcel: Ford Fry’s new steak house opened in our neighborhood this week. We stopped by on Thursday night to check out the place and stayed for a couple drinks. The space is very handsome; I’d venture to say that it’s one of the coolest bars in Atlanta. The menu looks great, but buyer beware – this is the most expensive steakhouse in Atlanta…by a stretch.
2. Howard Yount Linen/Wool Summer Windowpane Jacket: My blazer game is heavily tilted towards the cooler months, so I’m looking for a few really lightweight summer options. Anything with linen will breath very well in the heat and high humidity, but it’s still advisable to wear an undershirt. Howard Yount knocked it out of the park with this one.
3. Creature Comforts Brewing Co’s Tropicalia IPA: I am, admittedly, the opposite of a beer snob. I’m not a big fan of 99% of the ‘microbrews’, dark beer or anything else in a bottle with a catchy name. I like Yuengling, and most beers in a green bottle. My friend offered me one of these Tropicalias the other day, and I am hooked. This beer is delicious. I can only drink two or three at a time, but my pallet is maturing.
4. Fuji X100T Digital Camera: Camera technology is awesome. I have a big nasty DSLR, and really love the photography experience with the big Nikon. But the pack-mule mentality necessary to haul that camera and its lenses around gets old. Enter the new Fuji X100T. Small, compact, and a perfect walking around camera. I’ve been gushing over this with Caroline, and both of us agree that this is on the list.
5. Col. Littleton’s Private Stock Items: Col. Littleton is such a great niche on the Interwebs. They have some of the coolest leather stuff out there. Recently, they have started selling extremely limited (read: ONE) items in their Private Stock Collection that actually feature the farm brands on the leather. The markup isn’t that material, and it really looks great. Take a look next time you stop by.