Esquire is one of the few magazines that I subscribe to. I enjoy the content – I think they do a good job. George Clooney is on the cover of their January 2012 issue:
Of course I’m a Clooney fan – he seems like a good dude. I think it’s fair to say that he’s a ‘style icon’; regardless, I like how he pulls off this look. His is wearing Armani and Grenson, but there’s a way that we can do it, too. The gray flannel and brown shoes is an outstanding combination. I also like the grays together – it is a very mature look. Guys – do something like this for your next date – see how she likes it:
(Clockwise from top right):
1. J. Crew Ludlow Two-Button Suit Jacket: I’m not usually one for treating suits as separates, but this jacket has a great cut.
2. Sid Mashburn Spread Collar Dress Shirt: Avoid the cufflinks with this outfit, but wear a really nice shirt.
3. Allen Edmonds Yukon Belt: Just the right belt – not too shiny.
4. Brooks Brothers Merino Wool Socks: When you have to wear socks…
5. LL Bean Signature Flannel Wool Dress Pants: Every man should own a pair of medium gray flannels. You’ll wear them a lot more than you think.
6. Allen Edmonds Elgin Cap Toes: Finish off the outfit nicely.