The reality is that I had a kid this year, so the focus of Christmas is going to be on him (and his new cousin, also born this year). By ‘focus’, I’m hoping that Christmas becomes more about the kids. That being said, I worked really hard at being a good boy this year. Since I’m not expecting a lot of gifts under the tree this year, here are the goods I’ve got my eye on to spend some of that Christmas money:
From Top Left:
1. Shotgun Shells: I always seem to find myself scrambling to get shells before clay shooting or heading out on a hunt. I’m moving towards pre-buying…is it possible to have too many shells?
2. Pantherella Cashmere Socks: If I am going to wear socks, why not opt for cashmere?
3. Fishpond Thunderhead Submersible Fly Fishing Sling: If I’m going to be walking around in the surf, I need some waterproofing. Fishpond stuff is excellent, and the orange color is really cool.
4. Lodge 12″ Cast Iron Grill Pan: We’ve been doing a lot of grilling/roasting combo cooking lately, and there’s not a better way to do it than in a cast iron pan. Well, we’ve got one of those, so why not expand the arsenal and add a grill pan? Seems to be the next logical step…
5. Titleist 818H1 Hybrid Club: Bottom line: my hybrid and I are on the outs. I don’t really want to talk about it.
6.Case of 2012 Toscana Tenuta di Castiglioni Red Wine: This is what Mrs. RCS and I call our ‘table wine’…we love it. Big, bold, dry, and dark. Just like a red should be. We call it the ‘Super Tuscan’.
7.Case of 2014 Fontevecchia Verdicchio White Wine: I was seriously educated on white wine this year, and have become a bit obsessed with this FV (thanks, Hugh). I buy it anywhere I find it, and look for it anywhere wine is sold.
8. Orvis Helios 3D 9 wt. Fly Rod: Planning on doing a lot of saltwater fly fishing next year, and a 9 wt is just what the doctor ordered… Go watch all the videos of this Helios 3…serious business. This way I can’t blame my lack of bounty on bad equipment.
9. Colonel Littleton Slipper Stick: One of the coolest items in the Colonel’s catalog, and very utilitarian. Take care of your shoes, and they will take care of you.
10. Boyt Harness Counter Pad: I’ve been putting in a lot of work with my shotguns this year, and I don’t see it slowing down anytime soon. Why not get a good counter pad and quit ruining our beach towels?
11. Trumbull Rhodes Woodland Scarf: I saw this on M. S. McClellan‘s Instagram account, and immediately reached out. Incredibly awesome scarf…more on these later…
12. ‘A Man & His Watch’: The go-to coffee table book from RCS friend Matt Hranek. Fascinating material. This year’s “Men and Style”. You won’t find a more visual pleasing book.