Let me start off with this: we’re talking about t-shirts here. The t-shirts that I wear, and ones that we talk about here are absolutely not a fashion statement. There are t-shirts that fit that “fashion” category, but I don’t know much about them because I don’t wear them. T-shirts are a major part of my three-season wear, especially now that I have a kid. I have to be casual. I never tuck them in, and wear them with khakis, jeans, shorts, or fishing pants.
I wear t-shirts for three reasons: First, I need to have something casual. By ‘casual’, I don’t mean something to throw on and wear out to the bar but casual in the sense that I’m coming home from work and I’m about to root around with a 9-month old. Second, t-shirts are disposable. Except for a few concert shirts, mustard stains on t-shirts don’t bother me. These become relegated to yard work or fishing shirts. Last, I don’t take myself too seriously. T-shirts are fun, and I like to have fun. Here are some examples of t-shirts that I like:
From top left:
1. Flood Tide Co. ‘Don’t Tread On Me’ T-shirt: You’ll be hard-pressed to find better t-shirts than from my friends in the Low Country.
2. ‘Evolution of Old Glory’ from State Traditions: A GREAT t-shirt for the summer…think July 4th.
3. Sea Island Golf Club T-shirt: Cool t-shirts from golf clubs are a power move. It says ‘I don’t need another golf shirt. A t-shirt will do.”
4. Onward Reserve Yellow Bobby Jones Penley T-shirt: The adult version of fraternity t-shirts. Onward Reserve has a few, and they are all good.
5. Rad Racing T-shirt: Extra points if you remember this. HELLTRACK…
6. Aftco Bass T-shirt: While most fishing t-shirts are trout or deep sea stuff, don’t sleep on the largemouth bass. They are as much fun to catch as any other breed…and much more accessible.
7. Orvis Big Brown Trout T-shirt: Orvis has really come a long way with their t-shirt collection, and this big brown is no exception.
8. Dead Orleans Summer Tour T-shirt: Concert t-shirts are a staple, especially when they are worth it. Lots of great Dead options out there, including these Summer Tour options from Dead Orleans.
9. Vintage Champion T-shirts: I always buy these at Goodwill. #HJS has ruined quite a few, but for $3 a pop, that’s fine with me.
What t-shirts do you wear?