How about some GTH (leaning) shorts? I really like the idea of these colors with shorts – very easy to incorporate into a Summer rotation. Pair them with a madras shirt, some loafers, an a woven belt and you are in business. Get some for the golf course as well. I haven’t been able to get on board with the embroidered route…nothing personal, just a little too much. Same goes for the pastels. [I fully recognize that GTH requires these as staples – hence my use of (Almost) and (leaning) above].
There are some great options out there – here are some examples:
1. Rugby by Ralph Lauren University Chino Shorts: Kelly green – so cool.
2. Vineyard Vines Summer Twill Club Shorts: Not navy (VV calls this ‘Blue Heron’), but something a little more royal.
3. Jack Donnelly Dalton Shorts: OK, stone isn’t a GTH color, but you don’t see it as much as khaki. These give you an opportunity to wear that bright shirt.
4. LL Bean Signature Canvas Cloth Shorts: Canvas is tough, and the garnet color is tough to beat.
5. Polo by Ralph Lauren Bradbury Oxford Cloth Shorts: Oxford cloth. Enough said.
6. Mountain Khakis Lake Lodge Twill Shorts: Yep – in Nantucket Red.
7. Lands’ End Canvas Madras Shorts: Every man should have a pair of madras shorts.