I came across some old images the other day of the St. Patrick’s Day trips that we used to take down to Savannah. Wow – those were the days. A million people, hardly any bathrooms, and a flood of green beer. There were always a bunch of good bands playing in town. I remember seeing Jupiter Coyote one year – they were fantastic.
This year is obviously going to be a little different. Not only because I’m older, but the majority of St. Patrick’s Day celebrations will be a lot more subdued than River Street. However, you still better wear some green, or you might get pinched. Here’s what I’m liking:
From top left:
1. Yeti 24 Oz Mug: You’ve got it handled.
2. “Litter” Hat from Miller Brothers: Probably the coolest green hat this side of Augusta. Cheeky, but fun.
3. King Vest from Holderness & Bourne: A fantastic green vest that isn’t too green. This should do nicely if the weather isn’t up to par.
4. Onward Reserve Green U-Stripe Oxford: Being a lover of any U-stripe OCBD, green is often overlooked. Take this opportunity to add this bad boy to the rotation.
5. Player’s Shirt from Criquet: The original. And still the best. Perfect for an afternoon of boozing in a cul de sac or on a back porch.
6. The Yeti Koozie: Heavy-duty koozie for the beer drinkers out there.
7. Knockaround Sunglasses: You will lose your sunglasses. 100%. These Knockarounds cost nine bucks. Do the math.
8. Sid Mashburn Green Garment Dyed Denim: Mean green jeans…I have a feeling you’ll get more wear out of these than just on St. Patrick’s Day.
9. Candler Green Alligator Belt from Blairs Belts: Want to dress it up a little bit? How about some green gator around your waist? Very appropriate for St. Patrick’s Day, as well as on the golf course.
10. Sea Island Smathers & Branson Needlepoint Belt: Had this one in your closet for a while? Break it out and break it in…
11. Yeti Haul Cooler: Wheel this bad boy down to the cul de sac and you should be set for the afternoon/evening/late night. Doubles as a footrest with #13.
12. Yeti 30-Oz Tumbler: The ultimate mixed drink vessel. You can’t own too many of these.
13. Folder from Lawn Chair USA: Comfortable and classic. I get there are plenty of cheap bagged chairs out there, but none of them touch these classic folders.
14. New Balance 574s: Kicks that are easily replaceable after a rough weekend. I ruined a couple of pairs back in my day…
15. ‘Fix Them Divots’ Green Tour Visor from Imperial: It’s almost tour visor season, folks. Buy appropriately.
16. Res Ipsa Kilim Loafers: For those dressy parties, here’s a great time to break out your Res Ipsa Kilim loafers. A little green and you are good to go.
What did I miss?