Well, Spring is in the air. There are all sorts of great things hitting the web and hitting the shelves. While my bank account and closet can’t handle all of them, there are a few things that are really standing out, and may make the cut.
1. Sid Mashburn Blue Peppers Liberty Shirt: No doubt that Liberty makes some of the coolest floral designs out there. There seems to be a shift in menswear that is much more friendly to this type of shirt, and I’m 100% on board. It’s not a Hawaiian shirt, but instead a lightweight oxford by Sid Mashburn that can be worn alone, untucked with a pair of white shorts, or in the winter under a sweater.
2. Filson 72-Hour Briefcase: What a great idea. My 258 is great, but it is only good for a night (maybe two). This one is made of tin cloth rather than canvas, so it’s a bit lighter. The two big front pockets will give you room for your toiletries in one, and your cords and entertainment in the other. One thing I would change is the shoulder strap – I prefer the leather option over the nylon.
3. Wm Lamb & Son GSP Belt: This is my favorite design that The Dude has ever done. I carried a phone case with this design until it wore out, and really pumped to see this on a belt. How appropriate this time of year…a punch of color (that isn’t fish related) with this orange option from Wm Lamb.
4. Chromexcel Leather Strap for the Panerai: I am slowly accumulating a bunch of straps for my Panerai, and am in the market for a lighter brown one that will look good during the warmer months. Etsy has proven to be an excellent source, including this chromexcel option.
5. Al Green – “Lay It Down”: Some friends came over from Birmingham a few weekends ago and they introduced us to this album. Released in 2009, this was Al Green’s first non-gospel release in years, and it is absolutely outstanding. Great music for late night, or during dominos tournaments. Trust me.