Now that we are expecting our second child, I’d like to commemorate the occasion with a nice watch that *may* become his one day. Obviously he has to get straight A’s, be a first round draft pick, and get a medical degree. Just kidding…I’m sure he’ll be awesome. I love the idea of heirloom pieces. I have a couple ties that my dad used to wear in college. My dad hunts with my granddad’s old shotgun. They have special meaning, and passing along to future generations is a great way to build traditions.
Perusing the Crown & Caliber site is a dangerous endeavor. There are so many great watches…time passes very quickly. You’ve been warned. I found five watches that I like for my next one…a little more on the dressy side:
1. Rolex Datejust 16234: It’s hard for not to have the Datejust up top. A great option for an everyday Rolex, and right now it’s at the top of my list. A great option is to swap out the metal band for a good leather option to mix it up.
2. Panerai Radiomir PAM513: A dressier departure from the traditional Panerai models, and in gold. This watch means business.
3. IWC Portugieser 7-day: This watch is like an elegant math equation. Everything has it’s place, and it all fits very nicely. The larger size makes it more masculine, but it is still very dressy.
4. Glashutte Original Panomatic Lunar: By far the coolest moon phase watch out there. Glashuttes look like mechanical masterpieces; the face is a bit off center, but that’s what is so cool about it. You’ll have to look at it twice.
5. Omega De Ville Prestige: Don’t sleep on Omega, especially for dress watches. Some of their older Seamasters and the De Ville’s are extremely nice.
What are you looking for in your next watch?