As we come into Spring, there is quite a bit to cover…from head to toe, as it were. I’m working on a few of these roundups to show off all the good goods that are coming to market after a year of ho-hum releases.
Let’s start with sunglasses, shall we? It’s fair to say that the sunglasses market has migrated away from guys wearing sport/fishing glasses with Croakies 90% of the time. Sure, they have their place (I have a few pairs that I absolutely swear by), but in everyday settings, there are so many good options that provide all the technology and UV/polarized protection, but look a million times more ‘dressed up’. Here is a rundown of what has my attention:
From top left:
1. Vuarnet District 1908 Sunglasses: Vuarnet has been making HUGE strides over the last year. This list could have been their Spring catalog. I absolutely love the Carrerra-style sunglasses, and they knocked it out of the park with their District 1908s.
2. Krewe Press Sunglasses: Krewe has made big headway in the women’s sunglasses category (I can attest: Mrs. RCS has a couple of pairs that she loves). Don’t sleep on their men’s selection. These Press sunglasses in a color called ‘Sweet Tea’ are super cool and could be worn to a concert or to a wedding.
3. Vuarnet Edge 1615 Sunglasses: An updated version of Aviators with some serious style.
4. Randolph Aviators: Randolph gets a lot of well-deserved love here on Red Clay Soul, as they have stayed tried and true to their roots. By now you all have a pair of gold aviators – but do you have their matte black version? Same superior technology (and warranty), but in a more sleek style.
5. Rag & Bone Polarized Aviators: The adult version of the Ray Ban aviators.
6. Costa Apalach Sunglasses: Costa has to get some play in a rundown on sunglasses. Their focus over the past couple of years has been away from the old-school ‘Fathom’ styles and to a more casual approach. these Apalach are a great example of glasses that are sporty but don’t look it.
7. Huckberry Weekenders Sunglasses: An OUTSTANDING price point for some tortoise sunglasses. Highly recommend.
8. Persol 714 Sunglasses: The classics. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a cooler pair of shades than these foldables from Persol. They’ll literally never go out of style.
9. Oakley Frogskins: I’m so happy to see these still on the market. For $100 you get a throwback pair of sunglasses (with a super cool logo – don’t know why they ever changed) that work with almost everything. These are what an investment banker who is also a massive Dead Head would wear. They get it.
What shades are you sporting this year?