I cut the grass this morning, and can 100% verify that the humidity is making itself right at home. If The Masters is the unofficial start of Spring, then balmy, humid days are the start of summer. Prepping for those temps is key. We aren’t deep into the 90s+ temps everyday, but you know they are coming. Take advantage of natural fabrics like cotton, skip the socks, and start adding a little color to you daily routine. This year I really like the traditional blues and pinks. Let’s bring it back to a 1989 Brooks Brothers ad, but with today’s fits. Here’s what I’m digging as we head into Summer:
1. White Tour Visor from State Traditions: I usually add a white tour visor each Spring, and then another one in Summer. They go through a golf > pool > beach > fishing > yard work evolution. I like bench strength.
2. Strong Boalt Hybrid Shorts 2.0: Some of the best swimsuits in the business. The length is just right, the fabric is perfect, and the fit is good. The ‘hybrid’ part comes in handy, when you need shorts. Beach => bar and it’s all good. Cheers.
3. Flood Tide Tailer Trucker Hat: A cool hat that’s perfect for a Braves game, early morning bass fishing, or bumming around town.
4. Brooks Brothers Pink Polo: The best pink pique polo in the game. The classic lines in a slimmer fit, but with the iconic Golden Fleece logo…it’s all good. Tucked in for date night, or untucked for a casual afternoon.
5. Polarized Oakley Frogskins: You already have Ray Bans, you already have Aviators, and you already have Costas. Get something different this year: Oakley now lets you customize Frogskins, and the prices points are GREAT. Polarized lenses? Yes please.
6. Criquet Club Shirt: A great golf shirt, but quite frankly, treat it like the nicest t-shirt you own. The collar is like bringing some business to the party.
7. Ledbury Wilington Short Sleeve Linen Shirt: I’ve found a couple random short sleeve linen shirts and I wear them as a shirt to/from the beach. I really like the look, and want to add one for more dressy situations. This Ledbury with #8, #10 and #15 is a great look.
8. Matthias Kaupermann Tile Belt: THE summer dress belt. Add your heavy duty hardware and you’ve just upped your game to HOF level.
9. Flood Tide Largemouth Bass T-shirt: Always look for a cool new t-shirt. Being that I’m neck deep into bass fishing, this Largemouth job by Flood Tide lines right up.
10. Ball and Buck Navy Duck Cotton Shorts: I’m a huge fan of duck cotton shorts. My advice is to order them a size up, and dry them…the fade looks really cool, and helps them soften up.
11. Birddogs Shanty Boys Shorts: Ready to upgrade? Get on board, folks.
12. Hari Mari X Peter Millar Flip Flops: Hari Mari is killing it with their collaborations. Lining up with Peter Millar is a nice move for both companies.
13. Swims Braided Lace Loafers: Submersible loafers. That’s some James Bond-level stuff…
14. Holderness & Bourne Fischer Belt: A really cool belt for the course, or for the business casual action during the week.
15. Cobbler Union Barcelona Drivers: Driving loafers are a must in the summertime. And don’t let anyone tell you that suede doesn’t work. As long as you aren’t standing in a puddle, you are good to go.